Applying for the programme
This International Research Training Group brings together chemists, physicists and engineers from Freiburg, Strasbourg, Mulhouse and Basel to establish a new PhD programme in soft matter science, aiming to develop concepts for the design of innovative materials with a high level of functionality.
Applying for a PhD scholarship
Who can apply?
- Highly qualified and motivated graduates are invited to apply.
- Applicants should hold a master's degree (or equivalent) in physics, chemistry, biology, engineering or related areas with excellent grades.
- Applicants should have a strong interest to expand their horizon beyond the specific field of their major.
- Applicants should have excellent proficiency in English as all teaching will be in English.
- Applicants should identify with the aims of the IRTG "Soft Matter Science", especially with intensifying the Franco-German collaboration
- We particularly encourage women to apply.
How to apply?
The application consists of one pdf-file comprising:
- Curriculum Vitae with list of publications
- Short summary of the master's thesis
- Certified copy of the university degree
- Master/diploma certificate (with grades)
- Suggestion of two referees with contact details
- Please indicate the PhD project(s) you would like to work on
- Please provide detailed explanation (no more than two A4 pages) justifying your choice for the PhD project(s)
This pdf-file should be e-mailed to softmattergraduate[at]uni-freiburg.de